Corporate Malpractice Cover
Some GPs perform some of their clinical activities under the auspices of a medical services company. This can have tax benefits. However a recent case has highlighted a potential problem with this arrangement.
A doctor working for his own medical services company was named in a clinical negligence case. His indemnifier agreed to support him for his clinical negligence claim. However the claimant has also sought damages from the company, and the indemnifier will not support the directors of this company, which were the doctor and members of his family. The company did not have directors malpractice insurance, and thus the directors were personally liable.
The LMC thus advises all doctors who use such an arrangement to also purchase directors malpractice insurance.
Visiting patients at home is a part of the GMS contract. The GMS contract states; 7.6.1 In the case of a patient whose medical...
Since 2014 as a condition of maintaining their registration with the NMC, all nurses must be able to confirm they have the correct...
Sent to all Lincolnshire GPs, Nurses, and Practice Managers Dear %recipient.firstname%, In the past when we requested a community...
A recent court case has shed new-light on how the “gig economy” effects the rights of locum GPs. The ruling in this case suggests that...
When a patient dies it is expected by relatives and carers that a doctor or other health professional will attend the deceased to...
The LMC is regularly involved in representing and supporting doctors who have been identified as having 'performance' issues. The LMC...
Medication Reviews Medication and prescribing errors can cause significant patient harm, and thus can lead to complaints and referral...
Collaborative arrangements The NHS Act obliges NHS bodies to provide advice to statutory bodies in relation to social services,...
Schools frequently request information from GPs regarding a child’s health conditions, their absence from school, or to certify that...
It is important to identify whether a patient is developing dementia as early as possible in their disease, so that they can be provided...
In this section
- Appraisals for Salaried GPs
- Cancer Care Reviews
- Changes to Patient Registration Requirements
- Coding for flu and CQRS
- Core Hours
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Corporate Malpractice Cover
- CQRS - Flu & Pneumo Counts
- Death Certificates and Cremation Forms
- End of Life Care - Updated Guidelines
- EpiPen supply issue and anaphylaxis packs
- February/ March Newsletter
- Flooding - impact of the farming community
- Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
- Flu Vaccine Ordering for 18/19 - Additional Information
- GP coverage and the NHS crisis
- GP Practice and CCG Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Healthy Minds Lincolnshire GP Referral Form
- Holiday Pay For Locum GPs
- Identifying Overseas Patients
- Immunisation target payments
- Introduction of ReSPECT to Lincolnshire
- July/ August Newsletter
- Lincolnshire 0 - 19 Service
- LMC Newsletter - May 2018
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch - Oct 2019
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch Summer Edition
- Medical Record Requests from the Police
- Medication for patients travelling abroad
- Medication for Schools
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- New Contact Details for Sexual Health Services
- NHS GP Health Service - England
- NHSE complaints
- NHSE guidance on prescribing over-the-counter medications
- Partnership Review - Interim Report
- Patient Group Directions and Patient Specific Directions in General Practice
- Performance Matters - Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses (BBV)
- Poster for Practices- Hospital Queries
- Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
- Practice Mergers
- Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
- Primary care supply updates- November/December 2018
- Primary Care Support England (PCSE) GP Bulletin - June 2019
- Primary Care Workload Observatory
- QOF Business Rules Coding Issues
- Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
- Reducing the burden of Appraisal
- Removing patients from your list of registered patients
- Retention of PGDs
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2018-19
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2019-20
- Serious Shortage Protocols
- Shared Care Update
- State Backed Indemnity Scheme For General Practice
- Unfair Comments on Websites
- Which Flu
- Whistleblowing Guidance
- Another page
This page appears in
About this page
- Updated on Monday, 2 October 2017
- 1491 hits