Lincolnshire LMC Contract Compliance Week
Date sent: Wednesday 11 August 2021
Email sent on behalf of Dr Kieran Sharrock, LMC Medical Director, on Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021
Lincolnshire LMC would like to thank all practice staff and clinicians who supported us by returning information regarding Contract Compliance.
This data collection was designed to identify the occasions when an agreed patient pathway was not adhered to causing delay for the patient and workload for general practices.
We have compiled a report from the data which you sent to us. The full report is available on the LMC website and is attached with this email.
The headlines from this data collection are
- Compliance with the NHS Standard Contract remains an issue in Lincolnshire
- In the week of our data collection there were 285 contract compliance issues reported, this equates to approximately 96 hours of practice time to deal with the issue
- If all practices had reported this would equate to 258 hours
- NHS Standard Contract clauses are designed to improve the patient pathway and reduce workload in general practices
- Contract non-compliance is bad for patients as it both slows their pathway through the NHS and takes up time for practice staff who should be providing clinical care
- CCG, LMC, and providers need to work together to improve contract compliance to support better patient care
We will be happy to discuss the results of the data collection and welcome feedback from practices. We will also keep you informed of how discussions progress with CCG and providers.
Attached file: Contract Compliance Week Analysis- final.pdf