CANCELLED: Introduction to Leg Ulcer Management
Thursday 17 October 2019 at ULHT Boston Hospital - PGME Lecture Hall
This is an all day event.
Times: 09:30 - 16:30
If you wish to attend this course you must have completed the Introduction to Leg Ulcer Assessment training by the date of this session.
This module is aimed at registered nurses who wish to reflect on and develop knowledge and practice in the management of patients with lower limb ulceration. The module aims to support the development of a reflective practitioner who is able to implement evidenced based practice in relation to the care and management of patients with leg ulcers. The module involves a critique of current practice in relation to
national guidelines and a practical workshop to include compression bandaging.
Participants wishing to undertake this module will need to have access to clinical areas where the management of patients with leg ulceration can be undertaken.
- Discuss the role of compression bandaging in the management of leg ulceration
- Participate in the demonstration of safe application of compression bandaging
- Reflect from experience the need for appropriate follow-up care of patients in relation to compression hosiery
- Discuss the role of the multi-disciplinary team in the overall management of leg ulceration
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS COURSE ARE TO:
- Be employed as a Registered Nurse with exposure to leg ulcer management and be working alongside a registered nurse mentor who can assess and confirm your competence.
- You must have completed a leg ulcer assessment module prior to attending this module.
- On completion of the training workshop, you are expected to complete a period of supervised practice and have your competence confirmed by your nurse mentor prior to independent practice.
Your certificate will state to be "viewed" with your completed portfolio and sign-off statement
POST - COURSE LEARNING:
You will be expected to complete a Post Course Workbook and have this assessed alongside your practical
competency by your nurse mentor.
The booker or attendee is able to cancel their own place on the course up to 14 days prior to the date of the course by logging in and following the links to cancel.
If you are wanting to cancel your place within 14 days of the course date please ring the LMC office on 01522576659 or email Rosa.Larner-Peet@lpft.nhs.uk.
This year we have had a lot of people cancelling their place last minute or not turning up on the day. Whilst we understand that this cannot always be helped, it does mean that people on waiting lists miss out.
We ask that prior to booking, attendees check their calendars to make sure they are not on leave or have other commitments. We also ask that attendees give as much notice as possible when cancelling, so that the place can be used by someone else.
This course is funded so if you are not able to attend the course on the day and you have not given reasonable notice your practice may incur the cost of the place.
By booking on this course you are agreeing to these terms.
ULHT Boston Hospital - PGME Lecture Hall
Boston Hospital, Sibsey Road, Boston, PE21 9QS
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Please contact event organisers to discuss
Name: Rosa Larner-Peet
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
free Lincolnshire LMC members