Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
BHIVA and HIVPA message to members regarding the flu vaccine
It has been reported that some GP computer systems are giving the following high severity warning for influenza vaccination:
“Drug to Drug interaction. Avoid antivirals for at least 2 weeks after immunisation; avoid immunisation for at least 48 hours after stopping the antiviral.”
The HIV Pharmacy Association of the UK advise that there is no interaction between the flu vaccine and antiretrovirals. In summary, patients with HIV patients should:
- Have a flu vaccine as advised in Department of Health guidelines
- NOT STOP their antiretrovirals
Prescribing Matters Newsletter Article Medication errors and opiate prescribing The LMC is regularly involved in representing and...
GPs are often requested to give hepatitis B immunisation covering three broad areas; for travel for occupational health lifestyle risk...
Back pain is a very common problem for general practice patients, and most of the time it does not have a sinister cause. However, at...
The Screening & Immunisation Team (SIT) recently issued the following advice regarding retention of PGDs. As these documents are the...
We are aware that prior to the publication of the flu letter for the 2021/22 programme, some practices had already placed orders for...
Covid funding (written by: Dr Kieran Sharrock) NHSEI have announced that £150m will be made available to general practice through the...
Please see the latest version of our newsletter, Practice In Touch, attached. Included in this edition are articles covering the...
Flu Vaccine Supplier The LMC Buying Group will continue to work with all four of their flu vaccine companies (MASTA, Mylan, Sanofi and...
Performance Matters- palliative care and pre-emptive planning Performance Matters- palliative care and pre-emptive planning The...
Included in this newsletter are articles on: Prescribing of cannabis based products Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2019-20 Falsified...
In this section
- Appraisals for Salaried GPs
- Cancer Care Reviews
- Core Hours
- Corporate Malpractice Cover
- Death Certificates and Cremation Forms
- End of Life Care - Updated Guidelines
- February/ March Newsletter
- Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
- GP Practice and CCG Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Healthy Minds Lincolnshire GP Referral Form
- Holiday Pay For Locum GPs
- Identifying Overseas Patients
- Introduction of ReSPECT to Lincolnshire
- July/ August Newsletter
- Lincolnshire 0 - 19 Service
- LMC Newsletter - May 2018
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch - Oct 2019
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch Summer Edition
- Medical Record Requests from the Police
- Medication for patients travelling abroad
- Medication for Schools
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- New Contact Details for Sexual Health Services
- NHS GP Health Service - England
- NHSE complaints
- NHSE guidance on prescribing over-the-counter medications
- Partnership Review - Interim Report
- Performance Matters - Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses (BBV)
- Poster for Practices- Hospital Queries
- Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
- Practice Mergers
- Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
- Primary Care Workload Observatory
- Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
- Reducing the burden of Appraisal
- Removing patients from your list of registered patients
- Retention of PGDs
- Shared Care Update
- Unfair Comments on Websites
- Which Flu
- Another page
About this page
- Updated on Tuesday, 10 October 2017
- 2035 hits