Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
BHIVA and HIVPA message to members regarding the flu vaccine
It has been reported that some GP computer systems are giving the following high severity warning for influenza vaccination:
“Drug to Drug interaction. Avoid antivirals for at least 2 weeks after immunisation; avoid immunisation for at least 48 hours after stopping the antiviral.”
The HIV Pharmacy Association of the UK advise that there is no interaction between the flu vaccine and antiretrovirals. In summary, patients with HIV patients should:
- Have a flu vaccine as advised in Department of Health guidelines
- NOT STOP their antiretrovirals
As the deadline (12th April) approaches for the ordering of flu vaccine for next season, the Screening and Immunisation Team (Public...
GPs are often requested to give hepatitis B immunisation covering three broad areas; for travel for occupational health lifestyle risk...
Please see the email from the Screening and Immunisation Team (Public Health) below regarding Flu Vaccine Ordering for 2020/21:...
Back pain is a very common problem for general practice patients, and most of the time it does not have a sinister cause. However, at...
NHS England has released its ‘definitive’ guidance for GP practices about which flu vaccines to use for the 2018-19 season. NHS England...
The LMC Buying Group has made the decision to work with all four remaining flu vaccine companies for the 2019/20 season to ensure they...
Please find attached a letter from NHS England providing the definitive guidance on which vaccines to use for the 2019/20 flu season....
The Screening & Immunisation Team (SIT) recently issued the following advice regarding retention of PGDs. As these documents are the...
We have had many queries from practices where parents are requesting private administration of the Men B vaccine. Please be aware that,...
Included in this newsletter are articles on: Prescribing of cannabis based products Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2019-20 Falsified...
In this section
- Appraisals for Salaried GPs
- Cancer Care Reviews
- Changes to Patient Registration Requirements
- Coding for flu and CQRS
- Core Hours
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Corporate Malpractice Cover
- CQRS - Flu & Pneumo Counts
- Death Certificates and Cremation Forms
- End of Life Care - Updated Guidelines
- EpiPen supply issue and anaphylaxis packs
- February/ March Newsletter
- Flooding - impact of the farming community
- Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
- Flu Vaccine Ordering for 18/19 - Additional Information
- GP coverage and the NHS crisis
- GP Practice and CCG Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Healthy Minds Lincolnshire GP Referral Form
- Holiday Pay For Locum GPs
- Identifying Overseas Patients
- Immunisation target payments
- Introduction of ReSPECT to Lincolnshire
- July/ August Newsletter
- Lincolnshire 0 - 19 Service
- LMC Newsletter - May 2018
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch - Oct 2019
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch Summer Edition
- Medical Record Requests from the Police
- Medication for patients travelling abroad
- Medication for Schools
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- New Contact Details for Sexual Health Services
- NHS GP Health Service - England
- NHSE complaints
- NHSE guidance on prescribing over-the-counter medications
- Partnership Review - Interim Report
- Patient Group Directions and Patient Specific Directions in General Practice
- Performance Matters - Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses (BBV)
- Poster for Practices- Hospital Queries
- Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
- Practice Mergers
- Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
- Primary care supply updates- November/December 2018
- Primary Care Support England (PCSE) GP Bulletin - June 2019
- Primary Care Workload Observatory
- QOF Business Rules Coding Issues
- Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
- Reducing the burden of Appraisal
- Removing patients from your list of registered patients
- Retention of PGDs
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2018-19
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2019-20
- Serious Shortage Protocols
- Shared Care Update
- State Backed Indemnity Scheme For General Practice
- Unfair Comments on Websites
- Which Flu
- Whistleblowing Guidance
- Another page
About this page
- Updated on Tuesday, 10 October 2017
- 1551 hits