CQC’s new provider portal is available for everyone from 11 March
In just over two weeks all providers registered with CQC will be able to create an account on our new provider portal.
We’d previously advised that our new portal would be available for all providers from 27 February. To ensure we give providers the best experience we are moving our launch date to 11 March
From 11 March if you have a role registered with CQC you can use your email address associated with your CQC registration to create an account on our new portal.
Our new portal will offer a better experience when submitting statutory notifications and completing some registration actions.
Until 11 March you can continue using our existing provider portal and submitting notifications via email.
Here’s what to do to get ready for these changes:
- Make sure all the contact details we hold for your organisation are correct (you’ll need to sign up to the new portal using an email address we have on record)
- Watch the introduction to our new provider portal
Find our more here.
Why sign up to the new provider portal?
Using the new CQC provider portal offers an improved experience submitting notifications and completing registration actions, compared to completing and emailing Word forms.
Benefits using the new portal include:
- A faster experience for providers
- Pre-completed information about your service (e.g. location IDs)
- Ability to save drafts and return at a later date
- Progress updates on your notification/registration
- Ability to view the submission history for your service
Automatic check to see if information is entered correctly. meaning there is less need for follow up contact from CQC
Action required for users of our existing provider portal
Please note that existing accounts on our current portal will not be automatically transferred to the new provider portal. This means action is required on your part:
- Register for our new portal as soon as you are invited
- Check your inbox for invites. Invitations to join the new portal are being sent out and all existing users will be invited by the end of February 2024
- If you have not yet received your invite yet, don’t worry, just make sure your contact details are up-to-date to receive your direct invite
- Once you’re signed up to our new portal, remember to log in to the existing portal and download your saved data before the end of March 2024
Visit the exisiting provider portal to download your saved data.
CQC’s existing portal is moving to read-only
At the end of February 2024, CQC’s existing provider portal will become read-only. That means you won’t be able to use the portal to make changes or send us new information. You will still be able to access and download your saved data until the end of March 2024.