GP referral to Community Pharmacy Consultation Service (GPCPCS) Roll Out
At the LMC, we have been working with Community Pharmacy Lincolnshire to roll out the GPCPCS service across the county, starting with early adopter practices to ensure that the approach we have collectively proposed is functioning well prior to a wider rollout. The two early-adopter practices are now online and it’s our ambition to work with you to rollout this out fully across the county by the end of summer. We have an ambition the following roll out dates across the county:
w/c Monday 14th June: Boston PCN and the Lincoln ‘group’ Early individual PCN roll outs:
• LINCOLN: IMP, MARINA, APEX, SOUTH LINCOLN AND TRENT
w/c Monday 28th June, wider roll-out remaining PCNs
• FIRST COASTAL, SOLAS AND EAST LINDSEY
• FOUR COUNTIES, SOUTH LINCS AND RURAL, MARKET DEEPING AND SPALDING, GRANTHAM AND RURAL AND K2
Your PCN Clinical Director has today been sent a toolkit to share with GP practices in their area. Each kit contains the following:
- FAQ document to help answer any queries you or your practices may have
- Introduction and important steps to roll out including setting up referral paperwork, ensuring emails are set up correctly and testing the IT process with a local pharmacy.
- A contact list for pharmacies in Lincolnshire (cross border participating pharmacies can be found on the NHS Directory)
- A simple step by step guide with sample ‘scripts’ for your receptionists/care navigators who will likely be triaging patients through the service
- A list of conditions which are suitable for referral and those that are not, colour coded for ease of use (these are taken from the national service specification).
The above documents, with the exception of the PCN specific telephone list (a county wide telephone list is included here), are attached to this above.
With the above in mind, if there are any additional queries not covered by the toolkit, Community Pharmacy Lincolnshire, the representative body for Community Pharmacists in the county, are holding two zoom events at lunch time on Wednesday 9th June and Thursday 17th June. A recording will be made and circulated to all PCN clinical directors for them to share with their GP practices so anyone who cannot attend is able to access the recording.
The links to the zoom events are below. You will need to register to attend so Community Pharmacy Lincolnshire know there is enough capacity. There are 100 spaces available for attendees at each online event and we look forward to seeing many GPs and their colleagues, such as Practice Managers and their administrative support colleagues, in June.
Wednesday Jun 9, 2021 01:00 PM. Register in advance for this meeting:
Thursday Jun 17, 2021 01:00 PM. Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We’re confident that this positive change to an established service will be beneficial for General Practitioners and their primary care colleagues in practice, as well as to patients and pharmacies. It will illustrate how we can all work efficiently and effectively together for the benefit of the population of Lincolnshire as part of an integrated care system within the county.