Kindness and Giving
Research suggests that acts of giving and kindness can help improve your mental wellbeing by:
- creating positive feelings and a sense of reward
- giving you a feeling of purpose and self-worth
- helping you connect with other people
A few ideas below:
- Saying thank you to show appreciation for what others do for you
- Ask 'How Are You?' and really listen to the response
- Spend time with someone who needs support or company
- Volunteer in your community whether that be at a club, school, community centre, care home, etc.
- Get involved with a charity, through participating in sponsored activities, donating, giving time and using your skills.
CLICK HERE for more information about useful organisations and volunteering