Lincolnshire Integrated Medicines and Prescribing Service (LIMPS)
LIMPS are a small team of Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Programme Manager, and Prescribing Project Manager based within Lincolnshire CCG. LIMPS is the replacement for the previous Optum Medicines Management Team.
LIMPS aim is to ensure that the local formulary, medicines optimisation work, and commissioning decisions around prescribing, reflect the needs of the Lincolnshire population, and to facilitate the uptake of safe, cost effective, evidence based medicines and treatments.
- Provide dedicated clinical support, giving unbiased information to clinicians and assisting with medicine queries in a timely manner
- Keep up to date with new drugs and research, national guidance and legislation changes, presenting findings to support local decision-making through the Prescribing and Clinical Effectiveness Forum (PACEF)
- Carry out data analysis on prescribing patterns across the county, ensuring the best use of medicines and identifying areas where quality prescribing could be improved
- Work with service providers and stakeholders to support the development and implementation of treatment pathways, policies, and guidance to help get the best out of medicines and resources for our population
- Manage and maintain the OptimiseRx Lincolnshire profiles, which support cost effective prescribing in line with statutory guidance, and support and improve medicines use
- Deliver IMPACT education session to our clinicians on priority areas of prescribing, such as antimicrobials and high dose opioids.
LIMPS overarching aims are to enable our patients to get the very best from their medicines and work towards reducing health inequalities in Lincolnshire.
LIMPS want to strengthen and grow the relationships they have built with clinicians across the county, work in collaboration with and engage PCN’s, community pharmacies, and the wider Lincolnshire healthcare system to deliver high quality, patient centred care.
LIMPS plan to reinstate prescribing forums across all localities. These forums will be a platform to share the latest prescribing guidance, information and statistics, as well as an opportunity to discuss local priority areas.
Communicating and sharing medicine updates, news, and information to our prescribers in a quick and effective way is another priority for our team. We will continue to develop the Lincolnshire PACE website to create a central hub of local clinical guidance, policies, and documentation to support our clinicians. A monthly LIMPS newsletter will be developed and distributed to all of our practices providing updates on our prescribing priorities and projects, hot topics and important updates.
Looking to improve patient outcomes, we will continue to support prescribers with complex SMRs,
If you would like to contact LIMPS they have a shared mail box that is monitored on a regular basis:
email@example.com (not to be shared with patients or members of the public)
Further information can also be found on the PACEF website: https://lincolnshire-pacef.nhs.uk/