Medication for Schools
From 1st Oct 2017, schools can purchase their own supply of an Epi-Pen to use in an emergency when the child’s own injector is not working. Schools have been able to purchase their own supply of a Salbutamol Inhaler for a couple of years now. Please click on the attachments above to view the relevant Dept. of Health guidance for both medications that you can pass on to your local school.
Some GPs perform some of their clinical activities under the auspices of a medical services company. This can have tax benefits. However...
We have had many queries from practices where parents are requesting private administration of the Men B vaccine. Please be aware that,...
Background There are only two global manufacturers of hepatitis B vaccine, and both have had manufacturing problems. The only current...
Schools frequently request information from GPs regarding a child’s health conditions, their absence from school, or to certify that...
In March NHSE published guidance regarding the prescribing of OTC medications. This guidance suggests that the NHS could save £100m per...
The NHS is encouraging prescribers to ask patients to purchase medications which are available to buy over the counter (OTC). This is...
The Department of Health and Social Care has informed us that due to a number of queries received about anaphylaxis packs and issues...
Since 2014 as a condition of maintaining their registration with the NMC, all nurses must be able to confirm they have the correct...
Dear %recipient.firstname%, The GPC prescribing policy group lead, Dr Andrew Green, recently met with representatives from the Medicine...
GPs are often requested to give hepatitis B immunisation covering three broad areas; for travel for occupational health lifestyle risk...
In this section
- Appraisals for Salaried GPs
- Cancer Care Reviews
- Changes to Patient Registration Requirements
- Coding for flu and CQRS
- Core Hours
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Corporate Malpractice Cover
- CQRS - Flu & Pneumo Counts
- Death Certificates and Cremation Forms
- End of Life Care - Updated Guidelines
- EpiPen supply issue and anaphylaxis packs
- February/ March Newsletter
- Flooding - impact of the farming community
- Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
- Flu Vaccine Ordering for 18/19 - Additional Information
- GP coverage and the NHS crisis
- GP Practice and CCG Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Healthy Minds Lincolnshire GP Referral Form
- Holiday Pay For Locum GPs
- Identifying Overseas Patients
- Immunisation target payments
- Introduction of ReSPECT to Lincolnshire
- July/ August Newsletter
- Lincolnshire 0 - 19 Service
- LMC Newsletter - May 2018
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch - Oct 2019
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch Summer Edition
- Medical Record Requests from the Police
- Medication for patients travelling abroad
- Medication for Schools
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- New Contact Details for Sexual Health Services
- NHS GP Health Service - England
- NHSE complaints
- NHSE guidance on prescribing over-the-counter medications
- Partnership Review - Interim Report
- Patient Group Directions and Patient Specific Directions in General Practice
- Performance Matters - Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses (BBV)
- Poster for Practices- Hospital Queries
- Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
- Practice Mergers
- Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
- Primary care supply updates- November/December 2018
- Primary Care Support England (PCSE) GP Bulletin - June 2019
- Primary Care Workload Observatory
- QOF Business Rules Coding Issues
- Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
- Reducing the burden of Appraisal
- Removing patients from your list of registered patients
- Retention of PGDs
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2018-19
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2019-20
- Serious Shortage Protocols
- Shared Care Update
- State Backed Indemnity Scheme For General Practice
- Unfair Comments on Websites
- Which Flu
- Whistleblowing Guidance
- Another page
This page appears in
About this page
- Updated on Tuesday, 24 March 2020
- 1330 hits