Medication for Schools
From 1st Oct 2017, schools can purchase their own supply of an Epi-Pen to use in an emergency when the child’s own injector is not working. Schools have been able to purchase their own supply of a Salbutamol Inhaler for a couple of years now. Please click on the attachments above to view the relevant Dept. of Health guidance for both medications that you can pass on to your local school.
Some GPs perform some of their clinical activities under the auspices of a medical services company. This can have tax benefits. However...
Schools frequently request information from GPs regarding a child’s health conditions, their absence from school, or to certify that...
In March NHSE published guidance regarding the prescribing of OTC medications. This guidance suggests that the NHS could save £100m per...
Since 2014 as a condition of maintaining their registration with the NMC, all nurses must be able to confirm they have the correct...
The NHS is encouraging prescribers to ask patients to purchase medications which are available to buy over the counter (OTC). This is...
GPs are often requested to give hepatitis B immunisation covering three broad areas; for travel for occupational health lifestyle risk...
Cancard Newsletter Article Some concerns have been raised by practices regarding the 'Cancard' website and its proposed 'GP endorsed'...
What is the Mental Capacity Act 2005? The MCA is an Act of Parliament which provides a framework by which people who may not be able to...
Wellbeing resilience 'Resilience is not just your ability to bounce back, but also your capacity to adapt in the face of challenging...
Notification of medicines supply shortage of midazolam 10mg/2ml solution for injection ampoules. A medicine supply notification found...
In this section
- Appraisals for Salaried GPs
- Cancer Care Reviews
- Core Hours
- Corporate Malpractice Cover
- Death Certificates and Cremation Forms
- End of Life Care - Updated Guidelines
- February/ March Newsletter
- Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
- GP Practice and CCG Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Healthy Minds Lincolnshire GP Referral Form
- Holiday Pay For Locum GPs
- Identifying Overseas Patients
- Introduction of ReSPECT to Lincolnshire
- July/ August Newsletter
- Lincolnshire 0 - 19 Service
- LMC Newsletter - May 2018
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch - Oct 2019
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch Summer Edition
- Medical Record Requests from the Police
- Medication for patients travelling abroad
- Medication for Schools
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- New Contact Details for Sexual Health Services
- NHS GP Health Service - England
- NHSE complaints
- NHSE guidance on prescribing over-the-counter medications
- Partnership Review - Interim Report
- Performance Matters - Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses (BBV)
- Poster for Practices- Hospital Queries
- Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
- Practice Mergers
- Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
- Primary Care Workload Observatory
- Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
- Reducing the burden of Appraisal
- Removing patients from your list of registered patients
- Retention of PGDs
- Shared Care Update
- Unfair Comments on Websites
- Which Flu
- Another page
This page appears in
About this page
- Updated on Tuesday, 24 March 2020
- 2391 hits