Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
NHS England have asked the LMC to advise practices about what is expected with regard to provision of practice leaflets. The content of practice leaflets is set out in Schedule 3 of the GMS contract. NHSE expects that practices should make their leaflet available to patients who have special access requirements and in languages which are appropriate for the practice population. Thus the LMC recommends that practices should have various leaflets available for their patients.
Large print (18-20pt font size) can be generated by practices on request.
Leaflets which are “easy read” for patients with learning disabilities can also be produced, an example of which can be found at http://www.healthelanarkshire.co.uk/assets/files/gp%20leaflet%20template.pdf .
You can identify which languages to translate your leaflet into by speaking with your PPG, or by searching your clinical system for the languages of the patients who you have registered. PPGs may also be able to identify patients who can translate the leaflet on your behalf. Alternatively, CCGs have a responsibility to provide translation services for practices.
Frequently when patients are seen by private consultants they return to the NHS GP practice with requests for onward referral,...
The BMA have recently published the document 'Workload Control in General Practice'. This document highlights the significant increase...
Sepsis is, if you pardon the pun, a hot topic currently. High profile cases and pressure from groups such as Sepsis Trust UK have...
Dear %recipient.firstname%, Many of you will already have seen the BMA document "Workload Control in General Practice". This document...
The LMC has heard many concerns from practices that the level of service for children has significantly reduced since the development of...
Membership entitles you to discounts on products and services provided by the Buying Group's suppliers. Membership is free and there is...
Holding protected learning time (PLT) in practices is essential for quality development and education for all practice staff. The GMS...
The GDPR is a regulation that will come into force from 25th May 2018. Its intention is to strengthen data protection for individuals...
From 4th February 2019 Lincolnshire health and care organisations will be using the Recommended Summary Plan for Emergency Care and...
Sent to all Lincolnshire GPs, PMs, and nurses Dear %recipient.firstname%, From 4th February 2019 Lincolnshire health and care...
In this section
- Appraisals for Salaried GPs
- Cancer Care Reviews
- Changes to Patient Registration Requirements
- Coding for flu and CQRS
- Core Hours
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Corporate Malpractice Cover
- CQRS - Flu & Pneumo Counts
- Death Certificates and Cremation Forms
- End of Life Care - Updated Guidelines
- EpiPen supply issue and anaphylaxis packs
- February/ March Newsletter
- Flooding - impact of the farming community
- Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
- Flu Vaccine Ordering for 18/19 - Additional Information
- GP coverage and the NHS crisis
- GP Practice and CCG Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Healthy Minds Lincolnshire GP Referral Form
- Holiday Pay For Locum GPs
- Identifying Overseas Patients
- Immunisation target payments
- Introduction of ReSPECT to Lincolnshire
- July/ August Newsletter
- Lincolnshire 0 - 19 Service
- LMC Newsletter - May 2018
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch - Oct 2019
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch Summer Edition
- Medical Record Requests from the Police
- Medication for patients travelling abroad
- Medication for Schools
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- New Contact Details for Sexual Health Services
- NHS GP Health Service - England
- NHSE complaints
- NHSE guidance on prescribing over-the-counter medications
- Partnership Review - Interim Report
- Patient Group Directions and Patient Specific Directions in General Practice
- Performance Matters - Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses (BBV)
- Poster for Practices- Hospital Queries
- Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
- Practice Mergers
- Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
- Primary care supply updates- November/December 2018
- Primary Care Support England (PCSE) GP Bulletin - June 2019
- Primary Care Workload Observatory
- QOF Business Rules Coding Issues
- Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
- Reducing the burden of Appraisal
- Removing patients from your list of registered patients
- Retention of PGDs
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2018-19
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2019-20
- Serious Shortage Protocols
- Shared Care Update
- State Backed Indemnity Scheme For General Practice
- Unfair Comments on Websites
- Which Flu
- Whistleblowing Guidance
- Another page
About this page
- Updated on Friday, 24 May 2019
- 574 hits