Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
Practices are NOT required to prescribe antivirals to patients in care homes at risk of influenza
The LMC has provided guidance regarding antivirals in care homes in the past, and we understand that some practices have again been asked by Public Health to do this. Our advice remains the same, and is backed up by a recent letter from Dr Richard Vautrey Vice-Chair of GPC. This advice is that practices should not prescribe antivirals for prophylaxis of influenza to care home patients. This is the role of Public Health England, and as such they should either prescribe the medication, or commission a service to do this.
You can view the recent letter from Dr Richard Vautrey, Vice-Chair of GPC, by clicking on the link above.
This newsletter includes articles on; Performamce Matters - Unwell Children Farewell from Debra Burley Changes to the GP contract for...
Prescribing at the request of a specialist In February 2018 we produced guidance regarding when GPs should and should not prescribe at...
Gender Identity and General Practice Gender Dysphoria Trans Healthcare Gender Identity and General Practice Gender identity issues and...
Elections have just taken place for the BMAs GP Committee (GPC) and Sessional GP Committee (SGPC). Lincolnshire LMC medical director Dr...
BHIVA and HIVPA message to members regarding the flu vaccine It has been reported that some GP computer systems are giving the...
A vulnerable adult is defined in 'No Secrets‟ Governments Guidance of Adult Abuse as: 'someone who is aged 18 and over, who is or...
Monitoring of specialist drugs is an issue which the LMC has been working on for many years. There is not uniformity of provision across...
Schools frequently request information from GPs regarding a child’s health conditions, their absence from school, or to certify that...
In March NHSE published guidance regarding the prescribing of OTC medications. This guidance suggests that the NHS could save £100m per...
The Lincolnshire LMC is actively working with CCGs, NHS England, EMAS, Public Health & many other organisations regarding COVID-19. We...
In this section
- Appraisals for Salaried GPs
- Cancer Care Reviews
- Core Hours
- Corporate Malpractice Cover
- Death Certificates and Cremation Forms
- End of Life Care - Updated Guidelines
- February/ March Newsletter
- Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
- GP Practice and CCG Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Healthy Minds Lincolnshire GP Referral Form
- Holiday Pay For Locum GPs
- Identifying Overseas Patients
- Introduction of ReSPECT to Lincolnshire
- July/ August Newsletter
- Lincolnshire 0 - 19 Service
- LMC Newsletter - May 2018
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch - Oct 2019
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch Summer Edition
- Medical Record Requests from the Police
- Medication for patients travelling abroad
- Medication for Schools
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- New Contact Details for Sexual Health Services
- NHS GP Health Service - England
- NHSE complaints
- NHSE guidance on prescribing over-the-counter medications
- Partnership Review - Interim Report
- Performance Matters - Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses (BBV)
- Poster for Practices- Hospital Queries
- Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
- Practice Mergers
- Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
- Primary Care Workload Observatory
- Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
- Reducing the burden of Appraisal
- Removing patients from your list of registered patients
- Retention of PGDs
- Shared Care Update
- Unfair Comments on Websites
- Which Flu
- Another page
This page appears in
About this page
- Updated on Tuesday, 24 March 2020
- 1963 hits