Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
Practices are NOT required to prescribe antivirals to patients in care homes at risk of influenza
The LMC has provided guidance regarding antivirals in care homes in the past, and we understand that some practices have again been asked by Public Health to do this. Our advice remains the same, and is backed up by a recent letter from Dr Richard Vautrey Vice-Chair of GPC. This advice is that practices should not prescribe antivirals for prophylaxis of influenza to care home patients. This is the role of Public Health England, and as such they should either prescribe the medication, or commission a service to do this.
You can view the recent letter from Dr Richard Vautrey, Vice-Chair of GPC, by clicking on the link above.
This newsletter includes articles on; Performamce Matters - Unwell Children Farewell from Debra Burley Changes to the GP contract for...
Lincolnshire LMC hosted the East Midlands GPC Roadshow on 8th February 2018, which was well attended by 80 GPs and Practice Managers...
There has been a lot of recent media activity following comments by the Prime Minister, Theresa May, calling for GPs to extend their...
Elections have just taken place for the BMAs GP Committee (GPC) and Sessional GP Committee (SGPC). Lincolnshire LMC medical director Dr...
BHIVA and HIVPA message to members regarding the flu vaccine It has been reported that some GP computer systems are giving the...
A vulnerable adult is defined in 'No Secrets‟ Governments Guidance of Adult Abuse as: 'someone who is aged 18 and over, who is or...
The Lincolnshire LMC is actively working with CCGs, NHS England, EMAS, Public Health & many other organisations regarding COVID-19. We...
Monitoring of specialist drugs is an issue which the LMC has been working on for many years. There is not uniformity of provision across...
Schools frequently request information from GPs regarding a child’s health conditions, their absence from school, or to certify that...
In March NHSE published guidance regarding the prescribing of OTC medications. This guidance suggests that the NHS could save £100m per...
In this section
- Appraisals for Salaried GPs
- Cancer Care Reviews
- Changes to Patient Registration Requirements
- Coding for flu and CQRS
- Core Hours
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Corporate Malpractice Cover
- CQRS - Flu & Pneumo Counts
- Death Certificates and Cremation Forms
- End of Life Care - Updated Guidelines
- EpiPen supply issue and anaphylaxis packs
- February/ March Newsletter
- Flooding - impact of the farming community
- Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
- Flu Vaccine Ordering for 18/19 - Additional Information
- GP coverage and the NHS crisis
- GP Practice and CCG Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Healthy Minds Lincolnshire GP Referral Form
- Holiday Pay For Locum GPs
- Identifying Overseas Patients
- Immunisation target payments
- Introduction of ReSPECT to Lincolnshire
- July/ August Newsletter
- Lincolnshire 0 - 19 Service
- LMC Newsletter - May 2018
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch - Oct 2019
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch Summer Edition
- Medical Record Requests from the Police
- Medication for patients travelling abroad
- Medication for Schools
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- New Contact Details for Sexual Health Services
- NHS GP Health Service - England
- NHSE complaints
- NHSE guidance on prescribing over-the-counter medications
- Partnership Review - Interim Report
- Patient Group Directions and Patient Specific Directions in General Practice
- Performance Matters - Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses (BBV)
- Poster for Practices- Hospital Queries
- Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
- Practice Mergers
- Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
- Primary care supply updates- November/December 2018
- Primary Care Support England (PCSE) GP Bulletin - June 2019
- Primary Care Workload Observatory
- QOF Business Rules Coding Issues
- Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
- Reducing the burden of Appraisal
- Removing patients from your list of registered patients
- Retention of PGDs
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2018-19
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2019-20
- Serious Shortage Protocols
- Shared Care Update
- State Backed Indemnity Scheme For General Practice
- Unfair Comments on Websites
- Which Flu
- Whistleblowing Guidance
- Another page
This page appears in
About this page
- Updated on Tuesday, 24 March 2020
- 1867 hits