Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
BMA GPC has been doing excellent work to reduce the burden of work that practices face every day. One of the initiatives which has helped significantly is Quality First which is an arsenal of useful documents and tools which practices can utilise to reduce workload. Quality First can be accessed via https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/gp-practices/quality-first . We encourage practices to use this resource.
Within Quality First are a number of template letters which practices should send back to hospital when they breach the NHS Standard Hospital Contract. These template letters are found at https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/gp-practices/quality-first/quality-first-templates .
Spilsby Surgery have developed a single letter which combines the elements of the Quality First letters. The LMC has been given permission to share Spilsby Surgery’s letter. This letter is an amalgamation of all of the letters on the BMA website. This letter can be found by clicking the link above.
The BMA have recently published the document 'Workload Control in General Practice'. This document highlights the significant increase...
On-going work to implement the NHS Standard Contract In 2015/16 NHS England recognised that general practices were being burdened with...
As we know, general practice is facing unprecedented and mounting pressure from rising patient demand and widespread staff shortages. A...
Collaborative arrangements The NHS Act obliges NHS bodies to provide advice to statutory bodies in relation to social services,...
Dear %recipient.firstname%, For many years GPs and the LMC have requested that hospital specialist provide legible and comprehensive...
The CQC published its State of Care report recently, which is an annual assessment of health and social care in England. The report...
Bankruptcy Any individual who is able to give information about a bankrupt may be required to give evidence, for which no charge can be...
The new GMS1 form has sections on it for patients to complete regarding their country of origin and details of EHIC or PRC card. All...
Practices are expected to carry out performance appraisals of all their employed staff. CQC will ask to view appraisal documents for...
From April 17 the Standard NHS contract for hospital explicitly requires hospital clinicians to provide fit notes for patients who are;...
In this section
- Appraisals for Salaried GPs
- Cancer Care Reviews
- Changes to Patient Registration Requirements
- Coding for flu and CQRS
- Core Hours
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Corporate Malpractice Cover
- CQRS - Flu & Pneumo Counts
- Death Certificates and Cremation Forms
- End of Life Care - Updated Guidelines
- EpiPen supply issue and anaphylaxis packs
- February/ March Newsletter
- Flooding - impact of the farming community
- Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
- Flu Vaccine Ordering for 18/19 - Additional Information
- GP coverage and the NHS crisis
- GP Practice and CCG Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Healthy Minds Lincolnshire GP Referral Form
- Holiday Pay For Locum GPs
- Identifying Overseas Patients
- Immunisation target payments
- Introduction of ReSPECT to Lincolnshire
- July/ August Newsletter
- Lincolnshire 0 - 19 Service
- LMC Newsletter - May 2018
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch - Oct 2019
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch Summer Edition
- Medical Record Requests from the Police
- Medication for patients travelling abroad
- Medication for Schools
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- New Contact Details for Sexual Health Services
- NHS GP Health Service - England
- NHSE complaints
- NHSE guidance on prescribing over-the-counter medications
- Partnership Review - Interim Report
- Patient Group Directions and Patient Specific Directions in General Practice
- Performance Matters - Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses (BBV)
- Poster for Practices- Hospital Queries
- Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
- Practice Mergers
- Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
- Primary care supply updates- November/December 2018
- Primary Care Support England (PCSE) GP Bulletin - June 2019
- Primary Care Workload Observatory
- QOF Business Rules Coding Issues
- Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
- Reducing the burden of Appraisal
- Removing patients from your list of registered patients
- Retention of PGDs
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2018-19
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2019-20
- Serious Shortage Protocols
- Shared Care Update
- State Backed Indemnity Scheme For General Practice
- Unfair Comments on Websites
- Which Flu
- Whistleblowing Guidance
- Another page
About this page
- Updated on Thursday, 9 November 2017
- 1316 hits