Retention of PGDs
The Screening & Immunisation Team (SIT) recently issued the following advice regarding retention of PGDs. As these documents are the legal mechanism by which a medicine (in this case a vaccine) is being authorised, PGDs (and PSDs) must be retained as per all other medical records:
- Adults - eight years
- Children - until the child is 25 years old or for eight years after a child’s death.
If not kept with or copied into the patient’s notes, the notes must make reference to the appropriate document (e.g. “given as per X PGD”), which must then be kept separately within the practice.
A link to the guidance can be found under ‘Retention of PGDs’ on our webpages: https://www.england.nhs.uk/mids-east/info-professionals/ll-immunisation/pgds/
GPs are often requested to give hepatitis B immunisation covering three broad areas; for travel for occupational health lifestyle risk...
Please see the email from the Screening and Immunisation Team (Public Health) below regarding Flu Vaccine Ordering for 2020/21:...
What is the Mental Capacity Act 2005? The MCA is an Act of Parliament which provides a framework by which people who may not be able to...
The scheme is aimed at doctors who are seriously considering leaving or have left general practice due to personal reasons (caring...
COVID Vaccine (written by: Dr Kieran Sharrock) There has been widespread coverage of the results of the trials of three of the Covid-19...
Childhood Immunisation Claims Practices will have received a letter from NHSEI reminding them of the deadlines for child immunisation...
The Accessible Information Standard aims to ensure that people who have a disability, impairment or sensory loss are provided with...
From time to time NHS England will check that practices are complying with some of the changes to your core contract that have come in...
A recent safeguarding Serious Case Review (SCR Family V, published on the Lincolnshire LSCB website) highlighted the importance of...
From April 17 the Standard NHS contract for hospital explicitly requires hospital clinicians to provide fit notes for patients who are;...
In this section
- Appraisals for Salaried GPs
- Cancer Care Reviews
- Changes to Patient Registration Requirements
- Coding for flu and CQRS
- Core Hours
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Coroner's Newsletter For GP's
- Corporate Malpractice Cover
- CQRS - Flu & Pneumo Counts
- Death Certificates and Cremation Forms
- End of Life Care - Updated Guidelines
- EpiPen supply issue and anaphylaxis packs
- February/ March Newsletter
- Flooding - impact of the farming community
- Flu vaccination for patients with HIV
- Flu Vaccine Ordering for 18/19 - Additional Information
- GP coverage and the NHS crisis
- GP Practice and CCG Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Healthy Minds Lincolnshire GP Referral Form
- Holiday Pay For Locum GPs
- Identifying Overseas Patients
- Immunisation target payments
- Introduction of ReSPECT to Lincolnshire
- July/ August Newsletter
- Lincolnshire 0 - 19 Service
- LMC Newsletter - May 2018
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch - Oct 2019
- LMC Newsletter - Practice In Touch Summer Edition
- Medical Record Requests from the Police
- Medication for patients travelling abroad
- Medication for Schools
- Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- New Contact Details for Sexual Health Services
- NHS GP Health Service - England
- NHSE complaints
- NHSE guidance on prescribing over-the-counter medications
- Partnership Review - Interim Report
- Patient Group Directions and Patient Specific Directions in General Practice
- Performance Matters - Exposure to Blood Borne Viruses (BBV)
- Poster for Practices- Hospital Queries
- Practice Leaflets in Accessible Formats
- Practice Mergers
- Prescribing Antivirals to Patients in Care Homes
- Primary care supply updates- November/December 2018
- Primary Care Support England (PCSE) GP Bulletin - June 2019
- Primary Care Workload Observatory
- QOF Business Rules Coding Issues
- Quality First- Enabling Practices to Provide Excellent Care
- Reducing the burden of Appraisal
- Removing patients from your list of registered patients
- Retention of PGDs
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2018-19
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Offers 2019-20
- Serious Shortage Protocols
- Shared Care Update
- State Backed Indemnity Scheme For General Practice
- Unfair Comments on Websites
- Which Flu
- Whistleblowing Guidance
- Another page
About this page
- Updated on Tuesday, 11 December 2018
- 1181 hits