Impact Lincs is Lincolnshire LMC’s mentoring and coaching service available free of charge to all Lincolnshire general practice staff. This is not an emergency service – if you need to speak with someone urgently, please call NHS 111 service or the Samaritans 0116 123 (24hrs). Also, GPs can contact the BMA support service can be contacted on 0330 123 1245 (24hrs).
This service is aimed at people looking to the future and wanting to make positive changes in their work and/or home life.
- Make contact – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01522 576659 and request the Impact Lincs service.
- We will arrange an initial session (usually over the phone or via teams) with one of our highly experienced lead mentors to establish what you want to achieve from mentoring/ coaching, and who would be the best mentor to suit your needs.
- You will be paired with your mentor and have up to four mentoring/ coaching sessions (usually face to face). Further sessions can be arranged if required. Mentoring sessions can take place at a time and place to suit you.
Mentoring & coaching can benefit you and your organisation in many ways;
- Help to make improvements to your work life balance
- Allow you to manage transitions positively
- Create a positive focus on achieving your aspirations
- Improve your motivation
- Develop & enhance your leadership skills
- Improve your resilience
- Build your confidence
Our trained mentors can support you to make positive steps forward in your career and personal life. We have a range of trained, experienced mentors available for you including GP mentors, practice manager mentors and mentors external to the NHS.
So I’m burnt-out. What can I do?
Consider making some changes to protect your wellbeing. Have a look on the Lincolnshire LMC website for articles on resilience, mindfulness, physical activity, keeping connected, kindness and giving.
Maybe you would consider talking to a professional. Take-30 is a free service to provide confidential peer support for busy GPs, practice managers, nurses and other practice staff members as they work through daily challenges. Make contact with the Take-30 team today for a call back within 24 hours. One of the Take-30 professionals will schedule a one-off 30 minute chat at a mutually convenient time that suits your busy lifestyle. The phone line is open 10am-4pm Monday to Friday to talk about you. Email email@example.com or call 01522 576659.
You can also contact NHS People who provide a confidential support line phone 0800 0696 222 (7am-11pm seven days a week) or for bereavement support 0300 303 4434 (8am-8pm). NHS People also offer 24/7 support by text message just text ‘FRONTLINE’ to 85258
If you are struggling to relax after work or having disturbed sleep there are some self-help apps you could try. Did you know NHS staff can get free access to the Headspace and Sleepio apps by signing up with your NHS email?
SilverCloud can help to ease stress, improve sleep and resilience. These programmes are self-help, confidential and secure. Use the code NHS2020 for access.
Thinking Pitstops is an additional resource which provides an effective peer-to-peer support matrix during the Covid-19 crisis
Additionally, if you are worried about the wellbeing of your staff or would like to promote some positive training in your team consider NHS People React Training.
Dr Lucy Dodington-Boyes, Lincolnshire GP and LMC GP Fellow
Dr Luqman Rajput, Lincolnshire GP and Impact Lincs Mentor