29/02/2024 – Receptionists in Primary Care
During this session, learners will come to understand the need for protocol and etiquette when dealing with service users. The ABC of communication will be explained, along with the importance of listening and telephone skills. Challenging behaviour and conflict resolution will also be discussed to give delegates the confidence they need to deal effectively with patients.
• Understand the three core elements of communication
• Learn the need for accuracy, brevity and clarity when communicating
• Understand why listening matters
• Discover the link between etiquette and communication in relation to telephone skills
• Gain an understanding of why you may need to adjust your communication techniques when dealing with different patient cohorts
This workshop will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. You will need a computer or smart device with a working camera and microphone.
This training will be delivered by Practice Index.